Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Spark

I guess my spark really came from the fire of my Fathers love of riding. I remember being on the tank of his motorcycle as young as four or five years old, even being bungee corded to his chest when need be. (I nodded off from time to time.)
Although I have little to no trail experience, something I plan to change, I also recall my Father and I riding thought the trails near our home in Tacoma, WA where I grew up in.
So the original spark? My Father and Mother, whom I must add was also a rider and she was a advocate of motorcycle travel. I am quite sure she has logged as many miles, if not more, in the passenger seat as I have in the drivers seat, to be sure.

So this brings us to fan that has really set my spark to flame.
In 2004 Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor traveled The Long Way Round.
Oooh boy! This was it! This is what I NEEDED to do, this is what I WILL do.



So my current goal is to travel South to San Diego - East to Key West - North to Boston and finally West to Seattle. With plenty of stops along the way. I plan on documenting this trip with text, photos and video.

It's small trip for some but... it's a fan on the flame for me.


Please follow along as I take many short local trips, refining my riding, equipment and documenting skills.
Please if you have any insights or suggestions, I'm happy to learn.

Coming next: Foots outside the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment